Over the past two decades, millions of people have taken control of their financial futures by going through Financial Peace University (FPU). The Financial Peace Team has received feedback from people who want to attend the course but just don’t have enough time in their schedule for the Traditional format of FPU. (The Traditional format takes a minimum of 90 minutes to watch the lesson and participate in a group discussion during a single meeting.)
The Flex format provides the same life-changing impact of FPU but in shorter, 45 - 60 minute group meetings.
HOW DOES THE FLEX FORMAT WORK?
Class members simply watch the FPU lessons on their own, whenever is most convenient for them. Then, they meet in a group setting each week to talk about the lesson, ask questions, and do the hands-on learning activities in FPU. The Flex format is set up to allow more time for the most important part of FPU—community! To get the most from the class, members need to watch each lesson before the group meets.
WHAT’S THE SAME?
- The physical materials will be the same as the traditional class.
- Instead of watching videos together, members will watch each video lesson at home before coming to the group.
WHAT’S THE BENEFIT?
- Watching the lessons ahead of time translates into a more powerful group experience. The extra time for discussion and sharing opens the door to deeper conversations—the kind of conversations that can change lives!
- While the group sessions are planned for 45–60 minutes (or less), they’re more focused on discussion and hands-on activities.
- The new format gives members the flexibility to watch the lessons at their own convenience, as their schedule allows.
- Class members get more time to really connect with other group members in person.
- Coordinators leading the class don’t need AV equipment to watch video lessons. This opens up more location options for members to meet.