Over the past 25 years, millions of people have taken control of their financial futures by going through Financial Peace University (FPU). Over the years, however, we’ve heard from lots of people who want to take the class but just don’t have enough time in their schedule for the traditional FPU class format (which takes a minimum of 90 minutes to watch the lesson and participate in a group discussion during a single meeting).
The Hybrid format provides the same life-changing impact of FPU but in shorter 45- to 60-minute group meetings.
HOW DOES THE HYBRID FORMAT WORK?
The Hybrid format (formerly known as Flex format) is set up to allow more time for the most important part of FPU: community!
Class members simply watch the FPU lessons on their own, whenever it's most convenient for them. Then, they meet in a group setting in person each week to talk about the lesson, ask questions, and do the hands-on learning activities in FPU.
To get the most from the class, members need to watch each lesson before the group meets.
WHAT’S THE SAME?
- Class members still get access to a free digital workbook or the option to purchase a physical one.
- Instead of watching videos together, members will watch each video lesson at home before coming to the group.
WHAT’S THE BENEFIT?
- Watching the lessons ahead of time allows for a more powerful group experience. The extra time for discussion and sharing opens the door to deeper conversations—the kind of conversations that can lead to life change!
- While the group sessions are planned for 45–60 minutes (or less), they’re more focused on discussion and hands-on activities.
- The new format gives members the flexibility to watch the lessons at their own convenience, as their schedule allows.
- Class members get more time to really connect with other group members.
- Coordinators leading the class won't need AV equipment to playback video lessons. This opens up more location options for members to meet.