1. To add a new transaction, start by clicking the "Transactions" link or the blue "$" icon in the top right corner.
2. Click the blue circle with the plus sign (+) in it.
3. Choose "Expense" or "Income" depending on what type of transaction you're adding. Fill in the "Date", "Amount" and "Merchant" fields in the window that pops up.
4. Click "Choose Budget Item(s)".
*If you prefer not to assign a budget item yet, you can just click "Add New Expense." Later, when you're ready to assign the expense, you can simply drag and drop it into the budget item of your choosing.
5. Select the appropriate budget item. Then click the orange "Track Expense" button to save your transaction.